Strange Clouds.....

I watched the fields flash past. Bronze, straw coloured rectangles……some bare, some sprinkled with the odd cattle….others with boundaries of tall yews….alternating with the rich, murky brown of the freshly tilled land……the smooth khaki of the dry areas in between.
The mud houses….adorned with mud cakes…the wooden ploughs, carts…the water gushing from the tube well….goats  skipping around merrily….cows swooshing off flies with their tails…the oxen trudging steadily through the fields…the farmer wiping his brow…his coven carrying baskets on their heads….the corn ripe and ready to be picked….
I leaned my face against the pleasantly warm pane of the window….the rest of me comfortably cool. I could look on forever at the sights whizzing past me…
I looked at the sky. It was clear except for a single huge tuft that looked like a small boat pulling a large clam shaped, mushroom cloud in its wake…with a wide halo on its top…that seemed to be spinning round and  round…
And that left my thoughts in a whirl…….

No comments: