Catch Me If U Can

I remember when we used to play hide and seek as kids.

Our school was so huge that it wasn't a matter of searching everywhere you could till you dropped down dead tired; rather you had to think along the lines of the person you were seeking. You had to tune in to his thoughts and discover the places he would have thought Impermeable...Unplottable....Unfindable.
And mostly it worked.

But not here.

So it was with a throbbing head that I set out in search of the biochem lecture( i'd crashed headlong into the locked lecture theatre doors) when the nice person who so cleverly pushes the buttons when we're plunged into darkness every morning helped me up and said something about a new venue….

Fast forward three quarters of an hour later. I had probably walked the whole of the University grounds and blocks five times and there seemed to be no sign of the class. Part of me was glad of the undeserved break from studying pointless reactions about Acetyl-CoA and whatever acids you considered essential or not...(Linoleic was it?)...

But there was the question of attendance that was definitely more important and annoyingly enough, no one was answering their phones.

Fast forward 10 more minutes and for the lack of anything better to do (other than dodging pigeon crap!) this post began to form in my mind as I waited out my OUTstanding break. And I couldn't help thinking that somehow I had landed in a very technologically backward era.
While my friends go to colleges where they swipe their RFID tags as they enter the premises and get statuses and updates by email and facebook, we’re supposed to rely on directions from the staff that somehow leave you feeling more lost than before....

Me thinks it was Sir’s ploy to shake the latecomers….hahaha. As if.

But remebering Laura Castellano’s golden words in Erich Segal’s ‘Doctors’, “Who said anything about hating it?”


P.S. I stole the last line from another blog…..:-)

1 comment:

SaJ said...

Da Man says he's too busy to manage all the blogs at once so this is from him...